Dr. Maya Angelou Community High School provides opportunities for all students to compete in interscholastic athletics. MACHS is a member of the California Interscholastic Federation Southern Section (CIF-SS).
Sports Eligibility Rules/Requirements for Competition:
1. Students must have a physical before they can participate in any school sports including practices and games. No student will be able to participate without the approval of a physician. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are unable to obtain a physical from your physician, contact the School Nurse for available sites.
2. Be less than 19 years of age on September 1st of the current school year.
3. Meet the LAUSD/CIF resident requirements.
4. Attend high school for not more than eight (8) semesters.
5. Not compete on any outside team in the same sport for the school season of the sport in which you participate.
6. Obtain written permission from parent/guardian to compete and travel.
7. Pass a physical examination.
8. Show proof of accident/Medical Insurance.
9. Maintain a 2.0 GPA for the preceding grading period and be making satisfactory progress toward graduation.
10. Maintain passing grades in at least four subjects (20 credits)
11. A student may be declared ineligible for disciplinary reasons by Administrative/Coach action.
12. An athlete must attend all classes the day of the contest in order to participate. The only exception is if the principal excuses the athlete prior to absence.
13. All students MUST complete an Athletic Clearance Packet BEFORE trying out or competing for ANY sport.
Dr. Maya Angelou Community High School has streamlined their clearance process. MACHS Athletes must be cleared through www.athleticclearance.com. PARENTS create an account for this website to create clearances for all of their children. (Please do not use student’s lausd email addresses) Physical exam forms are to be uploaded to www.athleticclearance.com or may be turned in to the school Nurse. Should you have any questions, please contact Gonzalo Casillas via email at [email protected]
Parents & athletes may now complete their on-line athletic packet for the 2023-2024 school year.
SPORTS SCHEDULES 2023-2024
G. Basketball - TBA
Track & Field - Mr. Alvarez
Golf - Mr. Casillas